J30 Specifications - Current Production
Standard Features included with base camper
- Central LED dome light in loft roof
- 2 Flexible LED reading lights in loft roof
- 2" Medium Density Foam Mattress with zippered covers
- Fully lined interior
- High Mounted 3rd Brakelight
- Stainless Steel hardware and fasteners
- Sunbrella Tent with screens, ventilaton on all 4 sides
- Inside access to bed from interior of vehicle
- Internal locking to secure camper when closed
The weight of the J30 camper can change due to the options added as well as due to variations in manufacturing.
|JL||JK Gen 3|
|Base Camper, no options||290||290|
|OEM Hard Top||125||140|
|Net increase in vehicle weight, installed camper||165||+150|
NOTE: Addition of other accessories to the Jeep (Bumpers, Interior Accessories, Winch) or to the camper (Racks, Fuel Containers, Solar) in addition to the dynamic load of passengers, gear and supplies can increase total vehicle weight beyond limits set by Jeep. Carefully consider all modifications to the vehicle to ensure that manufacturer limits on Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVRW) are not exceeded.
Key J30 Dimensions
|JL||JK Gen 3|
|Stock Factory Jeep Height (OEM)||74 inches||71 inches|
|J30 Camper adds over Stock Factoy Height||+10 Inches||+10 Inches|
|J30 Camper Total Height||84 inches (7 ft)||81 Inches (6 ft - 9 inches)|
|Rack Mounts (Racks NOT installed)||+ 1 inch||+ 1 inch|
|Yakima Racks, installed||+ 8 inches||+ 8 inches|
Total height of vehicle can vary depending on vehicle loading, additional accessories, and suspension/tire changes. If total installed camper height estimate is close to limit of garage entry, check before entering. Dimensions of OEM Jeep are based on Rubicon trim.
|JL||JK Gen 3|
|Loft Bed (Both Hatch Panels in place)||49 inches x 85 inches||49 inches x 85 inches|
|Access Way - One Hatch Panel in place||25 inches x 20 inches||25 inches x 20 inches|
|Access Way - Both Hatch Panels removed||25 inches x 40 inches||81 Inches (6 ft - 9 inches)|
|Standing Room Height ( in Access Way, OEM seat folded down)||78 inches (6 feet 6 inches)||78 inches (6 feet 6 inches)|
- Standing room height can be increased if rear seat is removed, or replaced with interior floor such as the Goose Gear Seat Delete system.
- Ursa Minor no longer produces the Wide Open Design (also known as a Dan Grec Special) offered on the JK Gen 2 design. This version required removal of the rear roll cage C pillar cross bar to allow for an Access Way 45 inches x 40 inches.
- All dimensions may vary based on minor changes in production
The J30 LED lights and optional 12 volt and USB outlets are powered by a fused connection to the vehicle battery.
- In use with a reliable vehicle battery, the LED lights if left on will not drain the battery for several days
- The fuses and wire gauge are intended for for low draw accessories, such as phone or camera charging, not for inverters to convert from 12 V DC to 110 AC.
- The camper can also be connected to auxiliary power sources, such as a lithium power pack.