How to Order a Camper
Production of a camper only starts with payment of a non-refundable 10% down payment made via Visa, MasterCard, American Express or a personal check.
The down payment:
- Secures a place in our production schedule for your camper
- Allows us to begin production of parts specific to the order.
- Confirms an agreed price for the order
Orders can be placed online through our website, or call and we can walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
- If there is any custom work needed, this can be done only after we have a standard order in the system, and will be quoted separately. Custom work bills at a shop rate of $130 per hour.
- We can not provide a specific date until we have an order in the system backed by a down payment. We can estimate a lead time or start date but those are not committments until the order is placed.
- Cancellation of an order will result in forfeiture of the down payment to cover the costs of restocking parts and rescheduling the shop space.
We are committed to building high-quality vehicles that exceed expectations. The turn-around for an order is typically 8 weeks from order date, depending on season and our order backlog.
Due to a surge in orders combined with reduced schedules early in the Covid 19 pandemic, our lead times are running 5 to 6 months
Our conversion schedule starts with vehicle drop off on Monday morning. Our team installs your camper pop top and any standard options in five days at our, facility and your finished camper will be ready on Friday afternoon. Transit Connects are taking two weeks in the shop currentl
- An Ecamper conversion takes 1 week, the vehicle is dropped off on Monday and will be complete on Friday
- A Transit Connect conversion takes 2 weeks, the vehicle is dropped off on Monday and will be ready on Friday of the following week
- A J30 install (JK or JL) takes a day. The vehicle will come in at opening, and be complete by the end of the day. This time frame is just for the camper,
- Additional shop time may be needed for installation of Goose-Gear or other accessory parts.
For a conversion (Element, Transit Connect) the vehicle must visit one of our shops for conversion, we do not ship ECamper or Transit Connect kits for home or dealer installation. There are some of the typical ways the visit may work out:
- Drive to our facility, spend a week on vacation, drive a camper home
- Drive to our facility, fly home, fly back on Friday, drive a camper home
- Ship a vehicle to our facility, fly in, drive an camper home
- Drive to our facility, fly home, ship a camper home
- Ship a vehicle to our facility, ship a camper home
We've had cars come from as far away as Alaska, Maine, Florida and New York!
Since 2016, we have two conversion locations on the west coast:
Ursa Minor - SAN
2244 Main St
Chula Vista, CA 91911
Ursa Minor - PDX
14997 SW Tualatin Sherwood Road
Sherwood, OR 97140
If you reside outside of Southern California or Oregon and are considering shipping, specific rates vary depending on distance, date, and method of shipment. Choices range from hiring a driver to deciding between open or enclosed trailers, or ship it one way and then drive it home. Please call us and we'll be happy to help you evaluate the options.
The most common choice for those not near our facilities is to plan a vacation around the installation. You can enjoy the beaches and scenery of Southern California or the mountains of Oregon afterwards in your new camper